The second episode of Travers Smith’s Employment Law podcast with Maria de Lancastre Valente is now available
The second episode Travers Smith’s international employment law podcast series focusing on Portugal has just been released.
In this episode, Partner Sian Keall and Senior Counsel Ailie Murray continue the conversation with Employment Partner, Maria de Lancastre Valente from SRS Advogados. This episode covers a range of issues associated with ending employment, including:
• What protection employees have against dismissal;
• Compensation, discrimination claims and unfair dismissals;
• Gross misconduct and breach of employment contracts;
• Notice and post-termination restrictions;
• Special protections against dismissal;
• The role of works councils and representative bodies; and
• Resolving termination disputes.