(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Consortium is the largest law firm in Central America with more than 200 attorneys and 07 strategically located in the 05 countries of the region and a multigenerational team that knows your needs. We provide regional coordination from a single point of contact for all your transactions.
Consortium is a full-service firm that has focused on the care of all types of companies that wants to do business in the region. We have specialist departments led by our partners in different areas of practice. Recognized as Central America Law Firm of the Year by the most valuable international legal directories, we are your strategic legal advisers.
Firmwide Managing Contact: Valeria Di Palma (email@example.com)
Number of partners worldwide: 54
Number of other lawyers worldwide: +200
Main International Areas of Expertise:
- Banking and Finance: Having 15 years of regional experience, with both leading local and international banks, our clients’ excellent references prove we are undeniable leaders in banking and finance. Our long history of financial transactions has resulted in a deep practical knowledge of the regulatory landscape, making us the firm of choice for premium advice in the financial industry. Advising investment projects, our multi-disciplinary team flexibly covers all phases of your projects across a spectrum of legal areas (labor, corporate, criminal, and tax). Our M&A, Corporate, and Regulatory teams advise our clients together, saving them weeks in the negotiation of M&A transactions by addressing the legal issues concurrently.
- Corporate law: We advise on the most important and complex corporate transactions in the region, covering all your legal needs with one of the largest teams of over 40 corporate lawyers. Our corporate specialists can quickly develop optimal structures for your investment projects, with flexibility, efficiency, and transparency to meet your needs in the region. We combine our reach, with team members having previous in-house industry experience, allowing us to practically overcome your business challenges.
- Intellectual Property: Our regional IP team is led by women with more than 15 years of experience in the field and that today leverages technology to offer the best standard of service in Central America. We show our clients how to add value to their intellectual property assets, managing an innovative advisory, both in the identification of protectable intangible assets (know-how, technology, domains, trade dress), as well as in the structuring of franchises and licenses of the same. We avoid costly and time-consuming disputes over priority rights, through strong and timely protection of your intangible assets.
- Tax Law: We specialize in local and international tax advice, and we have defended significant cases that have even established judicial criteria and precedents. We have unique experts specializing in tax matters (customs, municipal, litigation, auditing, and accounting) distinguishing us in Central America to provide comprehensive advice in client legal defense cases. We have generated major client savings through tax efficiencies, and through a high success rate in tax litigation, our advice is always within the legal framework, guaranteeing client legal security before the state.
- Labour: The Labor Law team in all our offices has more than 15 years of experience and preparation in the development of processes and products aimed at preventive and proactive advice on labor legal matters. We provide labor advice to many industries with differing compliance requirements yet always with an eye toward growing the company and making it more competitive.
Firm-wide Managing Contact:
Valeria Di Palma
Banking & Finance
Labour & Employment
David Arturo Campos
José Pablo Valverde
Juan Manuel Cordero
Juan Manuel Godoy
Rolando Laclé Zúñiga
Contributed by Daniela Villafranca This is exactly the phrase I entered in my internet browser to try to inform myself a little bit about the presence, position and participation of women in the world of litigation, very confident to find names of colleagues in the world of litigation both nationally and internationally. This happened a […]
(Guatemala, July 2020) Guatemala has the largest economy of Central America, excluding Panama, and its gross domestic product (GDP) represents one third of the region’s GDP. It has strong macroeconomic indicators with adequate reserves, a controlled public deficit and debt, controlled inflation, and a stable exchange rate. Guatemala’s economy is mostly dependent on agricultural exports, […]
(Central America, July 2020) Confinement and strict measures of social distancing are now part of the reality of millions of people around the world. In the face of the world’s uncertain economic, political, social, and cultural environment, authorities must go one step further to try to mitigate the severe consequences that the COVID-19 pandemic has […]