Santiago Nishizawa Takano
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Santiago is a senior partner at Bufete Aguirre, Quintanilla, Soria & Nishizawa, specialist in the corporate, banking and natural resources areas, focusing his practice on mergers and acquisitions, development of new projects, negotiation and preparation of contracts, structuring of loan contracts and financing of different kinds. He is a registered arbitrator in the Arbitration and Conciliation Center of the National Chamber of Commerce and is a regular member of arbitration tribunals that handle important commercial disputes within the country, and participates as a lawyer or legal expert in international arbitrations.
He was General Director of the Registry of Commerce and Stock Companies and Legal Director of the Ministry of Capitalization. He worked as a foreign attorney at O’Melveny & Myers LLP, New York.
From a young age, Santiago has been committed to supporting the education of Bolivian youth. He is co-founder and past president of the UNISOL Foundation, co-founder and director of the Bolivian Japanese Cultural Foundation La Paz, co-founder and president of the San Juan Foundation.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), Columbia Law School, New York, NY., USA., May 2004.
- Master of Laws (LL.M) with a specialization in Corporate Law and International Transactions, Chuo University, Graduate School of Law, Tokyo, Japan, March 1992.
- Universidad Mayor de San Andrés – La Paz, Bolivia, Law Degree and Lawyer, March, 1989.
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA., USA., “Instruction for Lawyers” Program, June, 1996.
- Georgetown University and International Law Institute, Washington DC, USA, Program “Orientation in the US Legal System”, July – August, 1992.
- Listed by the legal directories “Chambers and Partners – Latin America”, “Legal 500” and “IFLR 1000” as prominent lawyer in Bolivia in the commercial-corporate, energy and natural resources as well as banking and financial areas
- Ministry of Justice
- La Paz Bar Association
- Bolivian Bar Association