(The following information was supplied by the firm)
As a partner of the Aguirre, Quintanilla, Soria & Nishizawa Law Firm, Perla leads the Firm’s Intellectual Property Department. She was a partner in charge in the same area at the Aguirre Soc. Civ. Law Firm.
Perla is also a member of the UNREAL CAMPAIGN Committee of INTA, a member of the Board of Directors of ABPI and Delegate of Bolivia to ASIPI.
She was Executive General Director ai of the National Service of Intellectual Property “SENAPI”. As Coordinator of the Intellectual Property Table, she participated in the negotiations of the Andean FTA with the United States of the Free Trade Agreement Program “PTLC” of the Ministry of Economic Development.
Perla lectured in Intellectual Property on several occasions at the Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Universidad Católica Boliviana and at the Universidad de Aquino Bolivia. He currently teaches Intellectual Property at the Private University of Bolivia.
She was Secretary of the ASIPI Women’s Committee and President of the Social Action Committee and the ASIPI Social Responsibility Committee, leading the ASIPI mentoring program.
- Intellectual property
- LL.M (Lex Magister) in Intellectual Property and Information Technology, University of London, Queen Mary & Westfield College, Center for Commercial Law Studies, London, England.
- Law degree, Bolivian Catholic University “San Pablo”, La Paz, Bolivia, 1998.
- International Human Rights and Indigenous and Minority Rights, Oxford University and George Washington University, Oxford, England, 1996.
- Perla has been listed in the publications of Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500, as a recommended lawyer in the area of Intellectual Property.
- Bolivian Bar Association
- La Paz Bar Association
- Bolivian Association of Intellectual Property (ABPI)
- Inter-American Association of Industrial Property (ASIPI)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)