José Santos Ossa
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
His practice focuses on life sciences, biotechnology and public law, advising companies on intellectual property issues related to the pharmaceutical industry, cosmetics, medical devices, commercialization and advertisement of these products, scientific research, clinical studies, regulation of medical professions, privacy, data protection, public and private procurement and biddings, licenses, distribution and franchises. He also represents clients in administrative processes and in sanitary, administrative and judicial litigation derived from those operations.
- Important innovator pharmaceutical companies on the defense of their patent rights before Courts of Law.
- Several major innovator pharmaceutical companies on the acquisition and defense of data exclusivity rights over their pharmaceutical products.
- Several important innovator pharmaceutical companies on their incorporation, transfer of sanitary registrations, structuring and implementation of their business structure in Chile.
- Several major multinational pharmaceutical companies on sanitary summary proceedings and representation of their rights before Courts of Law, including summary proceedings for bioequivalence issues.
- Several important multinational pharmaceutical companies on their participation in public bidding process for the acquisition of their products.
- Several major innovator pharmaceutical companies on the development of their clinical trials and scientific investigation projects in the country.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Life Sciences, Chambers Latin America.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of the Interuniversity Master of Bioethics, Universidad del Desarrollo (2017).
- Professor of Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs in Pharmaceutical, Biological and Cosmetic Products Graduate Program, Universidad de Chile (since 2015).
- Law Clerk of the Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group, Carey (2009-2010).
- Author of the article “Artificial Intelligence and the Challenges of Regulating the Future”, El Mercurio (2020).
- Author of several local and foreign publications related to life sciences and regulatory law.
- Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology
- Licensing, Franchising and Distributorship
- Law, Universidad Diego Portales.
- Degree in Pharmaceutical Products, Biological Products and Cosmetics Regulatory Affairs, Universidad de Chile (2013).
- LL.M., Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition (MIPLC), Germany (2019).
- Chile (2012).