(The following information was supplied by the firm)
His practice focuses on administrative, constitutional and regulatory law, advising several national and international clients, as well as public entities and state-owned enterprises on all sorts of matters directly or indirectly related to the public sector in Chile, including concessions, public procurement, negotiation and development of public-private associations, litigation before Chilean Administration’s bodies, ordinary and special Courts of Justice, the Chilean Public Procurement Court and the Chilean Constitutional Court, legal defense against sanctions imposed by public entities, advisement on sectoral regulations in various markets, regarding public policies and legislative matters, as well as issues related to the Chilean Transparency Law.
- An international container shipping company on its defense before the Antitrust Court against an alleged cartel conduct in the inter-ocean car carrier market.
- An IT company on the implementation and execution of the public contract for the telematic monitoring of convict system, for Gendarmería de Chile.
- A British company on a claim against Junaeb for the breach of a public contract for approx. USD6 million.
- An electric generation company before the Expert Panel challenging the impediments to connect to the transmission line, set by an electric transmission company.
- Several companies on investigations conducted by the National Economic Prosecutor.
- Several state-owned companies on the compliance of the law that regulates its activities in relation to different projects.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Public Law, Chambers Latin America.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of Legal Research Methods, Universidad Alberto Hurtado (since 2019).
- Invited Professor of Administrative Sanctions Law, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2016).
- Invited Professor of Administrative Procedure and Annulment, Degree of Public Economic Law, Universidad de Chile (2016).
- Professional Internship at the Inter-American Court of Human Rights, San José de Costa Rica (2014).
- Teaching Assistant of Administrative Law and Liability of the State, Universidad de Chile (2010-2016).
- Co-author of the paper “Sanctions for Breaches in Public Contracts for Supply and Services: Uncertainty as a Problem of Public Policy”, Public Law Journal N° 82, Universidad de Chile (2015).
- Co-author of the book “The Deviation of Power in Administrative Acts”, Legal Publishing (Thomson Reuters) (2013).
- Public Law
- Antitrust and Regulated Markets
- Law, Universidad de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- Degree in Economic Administrative Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (Best Student Award) (2011).
- MSc in Regulation, Government and Law, London School of Economics and Political Science (Beca Chile scholarship) (2017).
- MSc in Public Policy, University College London (Beca Chile and UCL-Santander scholarships) (Summa Cum Laude) (2018).
- Chile (2012).