(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Partner at Carey and head of Carey’s Tax Group. She has broad experience advising domestic and foreign clients on corporate and personal tax planning, local and international tax consulting, mergers and acquisitions and foreign investment transactions. She also has vast experience litigating against the Chilean tax authority, including Tax Courts, Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court. She has advised on tax matters for companies such as MetLife, Provida, Saesa, Masisa and Paz Corp, among others.
- A multinational bank on the tax aspects related to the acquisition of a majority stake and control of a local bank for more than USD2 billion.
- A multinational financial institution on the tax aspects of the sale of its Chilean affiliate to a Colombian holding.
- One of the largest electric power companies in the world on the tax aspects of a capital increase of nearly USD6 billion, the largest ever executed in Chile.
- A Canadian pension fund on the tax aspects of the acquisition of a 49.99% stake in a Chilean subsidiary for more than USD1 billion.
- A mining company and an energy company on the tax matters related to a credit agreement to finance a 115MW wind farm.
- An international utility company on the tax aspects of the sale of a group of local companies to an international consortium for approx. USD870 million.
- Several local and multinational companies on tax lawsuits and on VAT exemptions.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- “Women in Tax Leaders” Award, International Tax Review (2017).
- Recognized as one of the 100 female leaders in Chile, El Mercurio (2008 and 2015).
- Recognized in Tax, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Tax, The Legal 500.
- Recognized in Tax, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Lawyer of the Year Award in Tax, Best Lawyers (2014).
- Recognized in Tax Law, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Thought Leaders Global Elite: Corporate Tax, Who’s Who Legal.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Founder and mentor of the mentorship program for young female lawyers “Learning to Lead”, organized by Carey (2015).
- Member and former director of International Fiscal Association Chilean Branch.
- She has been professor of Tax Law at the undergraduate level at the Faculty of Law, Universidad de Chile.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in ICLG – Corporate Tax (2019 and 2020).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Corporate Tax, Global Practice Guides, Chambers & Partners (2016).
- Frequent lecturer in important tax congresses in Chile and abroad, such as those organized by the International Fiscal Association (IFA) in India in 2014 and in Madrid in 2016, by PERUMIN in 2017 and by the National Tax and Customs Office of Colombia in 2019.
- Tax Law
- Family Companies and Holdings
- Law, Universidad de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- Degree in Tax Law, Universidad de Chile.
- Chile (1999).