Manuel Sáinz Orantes
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
PARTNER, TAX LITIGATION & ADMINISTRATIVE STRATEGIC LITIGATION
Manuel Sáinz established the tax-juridical area of Chevez Ruiz Zamarripa in 1994 and he turned it into the most prestigious and consolidated practice in Mexico as recognized by several specialized publications.
He specializes in representing companies and individuals against actions of the tax authorities in the administrative and legislative areas and is involved with his clients from the commencement of the related tax examination and, eventually, until conclusion thereof before the Courts of Law, including alternative tax dispute resolution proceeding.
Upon representing his clients, he has succeeded in having various provisions established in the tax laws declared unconstitutional (federal, state or municipal). Important judicial precedents of the Supreme Court of Justice of Mexico and of the Federal Tribunal of Administrative Justice have been established as a result of cases that he has handled.
He has been referred to in various publications as one of the outstanding Mexican tax lawyers; he has been nominated on several occasions as adviser leader, among others, by international publications such as Latin Lawyer, Chambers & Partners and International Tax Review.
- Member of the Tax Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA).
- Member of the Tax Committee of the Mexican Bar College of Attorneys at Law (BMA).
- Member of the Tax Committee of the Mexican Institute of Public Accountants (IMCP).
- Former member of the Tax Committee of the Consejo Coordinador Empresarial (CCE).
- Former member of the Academic Council of Graduates of Universidad Panamericana (UP).
- Law Degree: UP.