(The following information was supplied by the firm)
PARTNER, TAX LITIGATION & ADMINISTRATIVE STRATEGIC LITIGATION
Ricardo Cervantes joined Chevez Ruiz Zamarripa in 1994 and was promoted to partner in 2002. His professional practice focuses on tax consulting, resolution of controversies and tax strategy at the domestic and international level. For over 25 years Ricardo has been representing domestic and international clients in administrative and tax litigation in a broad range of sectors and transactions, as well as in handling administrative procedures carried out by the tax authorities at the federal and state level, including tax examinations and conclusive agreements.
For over 15 years he has been a lecturer on “Tax Amparo” in the Master’s in Tax Law at Universidad Panamericana (UP).
- Member of the Committee on Tax Law of the Business Coordinating Council (CCE).
- Member of the Tax Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA).
- Member of the Committee of Tax Law and Public Finance of the Mexican Bar Association (BMA).
- Member of the Tax Law Committee of the National Association of Corporate Lawyers (ANADE) where his roles have been the following: Coordinator of the Tax Law Committee, Non-executive Director, Treasurer of the National Council of Directors, Chairman of the National Council of Directors, Chairman of the National Committee of Professional Conduct and of the Vigilance and Professional Practice Committee.
- Member of the Illustrious and National College of Attorneys-at-Law of Mexico (INCAM).
- Member of the Board of Directors of Financiera Cualli.
- Alternate Director of Bank of America.
- Alternate Councilor of the Private Assistance Board of Mexico City.
- Councilor of the Mexican Center Pro Bono.
- Lawyer’s Degree by Universidad Panamericana (UP).
- Seminars on Public Law of the State and Criminology at UP.