(The following information was supplied by the firm)
PARTNER, FOREIGN TRADE & STRATEGIC ADMINISTRATIVE LITIGATION
Ricardo Romero joined Chevez Ruiz Zamarripa in 1998 and was admitted to the partnership in 2010. His professional practice focuses on consulting in the area of foreign trade, customs and tax, including authorizations and programs for the promotion of exports, interpretation and application of international trade treaties as well as analysis, implementation and defense of commercial remedies (antidumping, subventions and safeguard procedures).
Additionally, for 21 years and over he has gained experience as a litigating lawyer in the subjects mentioned above, at the administrative level and at the site of the judiciary in the Mexican courts, as well as in alternative mechanisms for the settling of differences and international panels (Chapter XIX of NAFTA in antidumping matters).
Ricardo has supported foreign governments in training officials in various matters related to International Trade and the Accords of the World Trade Organization.
He taught Private International Law and International Trade at Universidad Panamericana (UP).
- Member of the Mexican Bar, College of Attorneys of Mexico (BMA).
- Member of the National Association of Corporate Lawyers (ANADE).
- Member of the Foreign Trade and Customs Committee of the International Chamber of Trade (ICC) Mexico Chapter.
- Member of the Trade Policies Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM).
- Member of the Committee of Customs and Business Policies of CANACINTRA.
- Law Degree from UP.
- Master’s Degree in International Business Law from Universidad Iberoamericana (UIA).
- Diploma on Means for the Settlement of Controversies in NAFTA from Centro de Arbitraje Mexico.
- Diploma in Disloyal International Trade Practices and Safeguards from the Mexican Bar, College of Attorneys of Mexico (BMA).