Juan Luis Hernández
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
- Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, 1994.
- Harvard Law School Master of Laws (LL.M), 1998 (Fullbright Scholarship).
- Hernández & Cía. Lawyers (1992 – To date).
- International Associate at Shearman & Sterling New York (1998-1999).
- Legal Area of the National Supervisory Commission of Companies and Securities – CONASEV (Current Superintendency of the Securities Market) (1994).
- Lecturer in various national and international forums on Banking and Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions and the Securities Market.
- Professor of Corporate Law, Stock Market and Mergers and Acquisitions at the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Coordinator of the Commercial Law area of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú. (until 2014).
- Professor of Societies in the Master of Business Law at the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Professor of Securities Market in the Master of International Economic Law at the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Considered by the main global rankings, as one of the most prominent and recognized transactional lawyers in Peru, especially in “Banking and Finance”, “Capital Markets” and “Mergers and Acquisitions”. Indeed Chambers & Partners, Latin Lawyer, Wich Lawyer PLC, Legal 500 and IFLR1000 include it in their rankings within a select short list of lawyers specialized in these matters.
- In 2011 he was recognized with the Latin Lawyer’s 2011 Law Firm Leader Awards, awarded to lawyers who lead firms in Latin American countries.
- In 2004, Latin Lawyer included him in its ranking “20 under 40” list of lawyers under 40 who enjoy the highest recognition.
- Lima Bar Association.
- Arbitrator of the Lima Chamber of Commerce.
- Arbitrator American Chambers of Commerce (AMCHAM).
- Member of the Advisory Commission on Company and Corporate Law of the Lima Bar Association.
- IUS ET VERITAS Civil Association – Law Review – of the Law School of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Executive Director (1993-1994).
- Spanish and English.