(The following information was supplied by the firm)
- University of Lima, 1992.
- Postgraduate study in International Trade by the Academic Centers of the Association of Exporters (ADEX) and Portland State University.
- Master in Tax Law at the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Hernández & Cía Abogados. (1992 – To date).
- Professor of Customs Taxation in the Master of Taxation and Fiscal Policy of the Graduate School of the University of Lima and of the Master of Tax Law of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Chambers & Partners and Latin Lawyer, annually recognize Leonardo López as a recommended specialist in customs and tax matters.
- In the 2008, 2009 and 2011 editions, International Tax Review awarded Hernández & Cía. Lawyers such as Peru Tax Firm of the Year (Tax Study of the Year in Peru), within the recognition of the best tax firms in the world.
- Lima Bar Association.
- Director of the Lima Chamber of Commerce in 2010 and 2011.
- Vice President of the Foreign Trade Committee (X.COM) of the Lima Chamber of Commerce (2011).
- Member of the Tax, Customs and Port Commissions of the Lima Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the Multisectoral Commission for the Export of Services created by the Law on the Export of Services.
- He was a Member of the Citizen Sectorial Customs Council.
- He was a member of the Peru Commission of the Free Trade Area for the Americas (FTAA).
- Active member of the Peruvian Institute of Tax Law.
- Vice President of the Tax Affairs Committee of Procapitales.
- Current Vice President of the Lima Chamber of Commerce (CCL) period 2020-2021.
- President of the Tax Commission of the Lima Chamber of Commerce (CCL).