Jose Manuel Abastos
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
- Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, 1985.
- International Law Institute – Washington DC, Legal Aspects of Privatization, 1993.
- International Development Law Institute – Rome, Construction Contracts, 1991.
- Hernández & Cïa Abogados (2005 – To date).
- Director of Cementos Norte Pacasmayo SA and Citileasing SA (2004).
- He was Vice President and Legal Manager of Citibank (operation in Peru), also being in charge of the supervision of the legal department of Citibank in Bolivia (1996 – 2003).
- Foreign attorney for Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom (2001-2002).
- Corporate Associate Attorney at Baker & Mckenzie in New York (1995-1996).
- Director of the Legal Department of the Private Investment Promotion Commission –COPRI (today, Proinversión) (1992 – 1995).
- Internal legal advisor on corporate and construction matters for COSAPI (1991 – 1992).
- Lawyer of the legal department of Unión de Cervecerías Backus y Johnston SAA (1986 – 1988)
- The Latin Finance magazine recognized José Manuel Abastos with the award: Best Project / Infrastructure Financing 2012: Euroandinos Port Terminals Paita $ 110 m 2037 Bond.
- Chambers & Partners and IFLR 1000, annually recognize José Manuel as a recommended specialist in Financing, Stock Market and Banking as well as Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Lima Bar Association.
- Spanish and English.