Luciano Pérez Gómez
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Luciano is a partner in Nader, Hayaux & Goebel’s Corporate M&A, Banking & Finance and Compliance practices group. With more than 20 year experience, he specializes in insurance and reinsurance, regulated M&A and financial regulatory and compliance, including fintech and insurtech, data protection, anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and consumer protection regulation.
He has extensive experience in representing foreign and national clients in complex transactional work, product development and regulatory, corporate, and compliance related matters. He acts as independent member and secretary of board of directors of various insurance companies.
Luciano obtained his law degree from Universidad Iberoamericana and his LLM from the Universiteit Erasmus Rotterdam. In addition to his Mexican practice, Luciano worked as a foreign associate in Chicago in the banking and finance practice of Mayer Brown LLP.
Luciano is an active member and speaker of the Mexican Chapter of AIDA (AMEDESEF), the National Association of Company Lawyers (ANADE) and the International Chamber of Commerce Mexico (ICC). He is also lecturer at the postgraduate programme on insurance law at the Universidad Panamericana and at the University Escuela Libre de Derecho.
As Partner, Luciano has been ranked by Chambers & Partners Insurance practice expert for Latin America and represents the firm for Insurance and Corporate M&A areas ranked by The Legal 500 as Tier 1. He has written various chapters and articles for specialized books and magazines, including The Legal 500, Insurance & Reinsurance Country Comparative Guide 2020; Lexology Getting the Deal Through, Public M&A 2020, Mexico Chapter 2019; and Insurance and Reinsurance Law in Latin America, Tirant Lo Blanch 2019.
RECENT WORK HIGHLIGHTS
A selection of recent transactions and projects on which Luciano advised, include:
- NHG represented and advised Assurant, Inc. in the sale of its investment in Iké Asistencia, a leading global provider of assistance services, including lifestyle and housing solutions that support, protect and connect major consumer purchases.
- NHG advised HSBC Mexico Bank in the negotiation and execution of the Mortgage Insurance Contracts with Genworth and Sociedad Hipotecaria Federal, to cover its mortgage loan portfolio.
- NHG represented and advised AXA in the structuring, negotiation and implementation of a joint venture with Keralty SAS for the creation of the first integral primary health program in Mexico.
- NHG advises a group of Mexican entrepreneurs in the incorporation and operation of Sofía Salud, an insurance institution specialized in healthcare in Mexico.
- NHG advised a Mexican company specializing in remittances in the structuring and process for the incorporation of a Fintech Company authorized to provide electronic transfer services on a cross-border basis and related services.
- NHG advised a private fund in the implementation of its corporate structure in Mexico to achieve an innovative real estate leasing and hospitality platform.
- NHG advised and assist a British money transfer company on the structuring and incorporation of a Mexican Fintech Entity authorized to operate as an Electronic Payment Funds Company, and its joint venture with a Mexican remittances company.