Alfredo Guzmán Saladín
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Mr. Guzmán-Saladín is a top-ranked attorney in the hospitality, entertainment, real estate and sports industries, quoted several times in The New York Times, with an impressive track record in handling transactions in high-end projects across the Dominican Republic, such as Casa de Campo, Punta Cana, Cap Cana and Playa Grande. Listed below are some of his representative work.
- Represents ultra-high-net-worth individuals in their purchase of luxury villas and homes in the Dominican Republic.
- Advises a major US sports and entertainment agency with regards to their Dominican athletes and clients.
- Advisor to Chinese conglomerate Fosun International in their $ 430 million IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange for their investment in Club Med hotels in the Dominican Republic.
- Assisted an international hotel chain in obtaining tax exemptions and incentives under Tourism Incentive Law 158-01.
- Closed on credit facilities in excess of $ 200 million for the Dominican and Caribbean operations of an international client.
- Assisted a major hospitality client in debt restructuring.
- Serves as expert counsel on Dominican law in contractual and tort matters before courts in the UK and the United States.
- Represented a major American bank in a complex litigated foreclosure of luxury real estate.
- Counsel to an international client on commercial and tax law matters related to FDI, subsidiaries, acquisitions, structuring, project finance, real estate developments, and efficient cross-border tax planning.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Association of Hotels and Tourism of El Seibo and Miches (PROMICHES).
- Corporate and Business
- Real Estate and Tourism
- Foreign Investment
- Project Finance
- Contracts and Torts
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Sports Law
- Film Industry and Entertainment
- Antitrust and Competition
- Infrastructure and PPP
- Real Estate 2020 – Dominican Republic – Chambers Global Practice Guide Introductions to the legal framework: Ownership of Real Estate
- The Real Estate Law Review, The Law Reviews, United Kingdom, 2019, 2020
- Real Estate – Dominican Republic Questionnaire (co-author), Latin Lawyer Reference, 2018, 2019, 2020
- M&A in the Dominican Republic (co-author), Lexology Navigator, 2018, 2019, 2020.
- Secured Lending (co-author), Lexology Navigator, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020
- Real Estate Law Guide (co-author), Getting the Deal Through, UK, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Project Finance Law Guide (co-author), Getting the Deal Through, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- The functioning of limited liability companies , Pontificia Universidad Madre y Maestra, Santiago, Dominican Republic, 2009.
- Contributor to the only current book on company forms published in the Dominican Republic.
- Contributed in the preparation of the national mercantile registry regulations during the transition to the current Company Law in the Dominican Republic.
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), Masters in Business Management (2007).
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM) LL. B, summa cum laude , 2006.
Recognitions and memberships
- Ranked as a recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 Latin America, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.
- Ranked as a next generation partner in The Legal 500 Latin America, 2021.
- Dominican Bar Association.
- American Bar Association.
- International Bar Association.