(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Partner at Carey and co-head of Carey’s Tax Group. He advises clients in local and international tax consulting, personal and corporate tax planning, foreign investments and tax litigation.
- A multinational bank on the tax aspects related to the acquisition of a majority stake and control of a local bank for more than USD2 billion.
- A local mining company on settling a tax audit for transfer pricing adjustments.
- Several renewable energy companies on the obtention of VAT exemptions for the import of capital assets and the obtention of VAT refund for the tax paid at construction stage.
- Norwegian investment funds on the tax aspects of the sale of an aquaculture-food business with Chilean underlying assets.
- An Italian financial and insurance company on the tax aspects of the carve-out of the Chilean pension fund business in the global sale process of its banking business.
- A Japanese investment company on the tax aspects related to the acquisition of a 30% stake in a mayor mining asset to a Chilean company.
- A Canadian investment fund on the tax aspects of the sale of its 50% stake in a mayor toll-road in Santiago.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Tax, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Tax, The Legal 500.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of theTax Law Master Program, Universidad Diego Portales (2013-2018).
- Co-author of the article “Chile’s Approach to the Taxation of the Digital Economy”, IBA (2019).
- Co-author of the article “VAT Relief in Operational Projects in Chile”, Practical Latin American Tax Strategies, Thomson Reuters (2013).
- Co-author of the article “Equity or Debt? Funding Foreign Investment in Chile”, International Tax Review (2012).
- Tax Law
- Family Companies and Holdings
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Exchange student, New York University (2006).
- Degree in Tax Law with a minor in Litigation, Universidad Diego Portales (2010).
- LL.M. in International Taxation, University of Florida (2011).
- Chile (2010).