(The following information was supplied by the firm)
His practice focuses on civil and commercial litigation, and alternative dispute resolution, both before ordinary and special litigation courts, bankruptcy and insolvency issues and international trade disputes.
- Moly-Cop Chile on an anti-dumping investigation before the Comisión Antidistorsiones, obtaining a definitive 5.6% anti-dumping duty on the imports of grinding balls of Chinese origin with a diameter under 4 inches.
- Agrofoods Central Valley Chile on a judicial reorganization proceeding to restructure liabilities exceeding USD65 million, approved by 100% of its creditors, including Banco de Chile, Banco BICE, Rabofinance, Banco de Crédito e Inversiones and Banco Security, for a syndicated loan of approx. USD40 million, other national banks and multiple suppliers.
- Liberty Chile Seguros Generales on an arbitration dispute with an important infrastructure company, related to insurance coverage.
- Nueva Unión, a major mining company owned by Teck Resources and Newmont Goldcorp, on surface rights and land disputes in Northern Chile.
- Universidad Católica de Chile and related companies on the reorganization process of Isapre MasVida, the largest to ever take place in Chile.
- An electricity generation company on an arbitration with an important mining company, related to a PPA from a photovoltaic plant in northern Chile, in which the claim of the mining company to terminate the contract was rejected.
- A mining company on a negotiation with one of its contractors in insolvency, which allowed the continuation of works and the development of a USD5 billion mining project.
- Fundación Social, a Colombian Foundation, on the purchase from J.P. Morgan of a participation equivalent to 18.8% in the Colombian bank Banco Caja Social (Simpson Thacher & Bartlett).
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2016).
- International Associate, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, New York (2015-2016).
- Research Assistant, Professor Richard R.W. Brooks, Columbia University (2014-2015).
- Teaching Assistant of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2012-2014).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the New York Bar Association.
- Insolvency, Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (Summa Cum Laude).
- LL.M., Columbia University (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) (Fulbright and Beca Chile scholarship) (2015).
- Chile (2012).
- New York (2016).