(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Gonzalo is a partner at Bufete Aguirre, Quintanilla, Soria & Nishizawa, specialist in Tax Law. In his professional activity he also advises on Commercial, Civil, Labor, Gas and Oil and Litigation matters.
Gonzalo began his professional practices at the La Paz District Court, in the procedural, civil and commercial areas. Later he joined the National Tax Service where he worked as a lawyer both in the operational area and in the technical and legal area.
Within the National Tax Service, he assumed the positions of Secretary of the Board of Directors and Secretary General, advising both the Executive Presidency and the Board of the institution. He was also appointed a Summary Judge by the Executive President, to resolve the administrative liability proceedings instituted against servers and former employees.
Since 2006 he has lived in the city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra, where he worked in the Tax Superintendency (current Tax Challenge Authority) and in a tax consultancy as main lawyer.
Later, he was hired by Empresa Petrolera Chaco SA (currently YPFB Chaco SA), where he worked for more than nine years, becoming the Head of Legal, Corporate, Corporate and Litigation Affairs.
He currently also holds the position of Secretary Director of the International Fiscal Association – Branch Bolivia.
- Master in Corporate Law MPD, Masters for Development, established with the technical cooperation of the Harvard Institute for International Development. Bolivian Catholic University, La Paz, Bolivia – 2004
- LLP Economics and Finance for Lawyers. International School of High Management, Santa Cruz, Bolivia – 2010
- Diploma in Civil Law. University of Aquino Bolivia, La Paz, Bolivia – 2002
- Diploma in Higher Education (university chair). Universidad Mayor de San Andrés UMSA. La Paz, Bolivia – 2006
- Law Degree from the Bolivian Catholic University “San Pablo”, Bolivia – 2002
- 1st place of the Master in Corporate Law MPD. Graduated with High Distinction.
- Master’s Thesis in Bankruptcy Law: “Ignorance of the Right of Preference in the Voluntary Restructuring Law”.
- Bachelor’s Thesis in Commercial Law: “Open Limited Companies”.
- National Bar Association of Bolivia
- Santa Cruz Bar Association
- La Paz Bar Association
- Public Registry of Lawyers – Ministry of Justice
- International Fiscal Association – IFA Bolivia
- Bolivian Institute of Tax Studies – IBET