Jens V Mathiasen
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Banking & Finance
Shipping / Offshore / Transportation
Jens is a partner in the practice group Shipping / Offshore / Transportation and he also has extensive experience in Banking and Finance. The combination of these two areas of the law render him a sought-after sparring partner for Danish as well as international shipowners, operators, P&I clubs, insurance companies, banks, shipyards, etc, to whom Jens provides assistance in relation to the drafting of all types of loan agreements and he provides advice to both borrower and lender in all types of financing matters.
Also, Jens has extensive experience in all types of maritime and transport law matters. Jens assists in conducting arbitration cases in both Denmark and Norway and is often appointed arbitrator.
- Gorrissen Federspiel 2003 –
- Partner, Gorrissen Federspiel since 2007
- Managing Director of Shipowners’ Council of Copenhagen 2009 –
- Wiersholm Mellbye & Bech, Oslo 2001 – 2003
- Gorrissen Federspiel 1997 – 2001
- Right of audience before the Danish High Court 2005
- Admitted to the Norwegian Bar 2001
- Admitted to the Danish Bar 2000
- LL.M. University of Southhampton, 1997
- Master of Laws, University of Copenhagen 1996