(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Restructuring & Insolvency
Preben Jakobsen specialises in advice on reorganisation, reconstruction and bankruptcy. Among others, he advises lenders, financial creditors and companies on issues relating to security, avoidance, M&A, financing and management liability.
Preben has been on secondment to Holland & Knight LLP, New York and worked in Reconstruction and Insolvency practice group, which has added to his international experience in complex cases.
Preben furthermore advises on general business law issues with particular focus on construction law, including in relation to the drafting of contracts, negotiation, handling of defects and related issues. He also conducts legal proceedings on business law issues, particularly insolvency and construction law issues.
Finally, Preben has for several years for been a part-time lecturer in the Law of Damages and Contract Law at the University of Copenhagen.
- Gorrissen Federspiel 2016 –
- Partner, Gorrissen Federspiel since 2021
- Holland & Knight LLP (New York) 2018
- Kromann Reumert, 2007 – 2016
- Copenhagen Legal Aid 2008 – 2009
- Certified insolvency lawyer, 2018
- Right of audience before the Danish High Court 2016
- Admitted to the Danish Bar 2010
- Master of Laws 2007