(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Julio Lujambio joined Pérez-Llorca in 2005 and was appointed partner in 2014. He specializes in M&A and Capital Markets operations. Julio is qualified to advise on Spanish Law and Mexican Law.
- 2004 Law Degree (Spain)
- 2003 Master’s Degree in Business Legal Advice, Instituto de Empresa (Madrid)
- 2002 Law Degree, Universidad Panamericana (Mexico). Thesis: Considerations regarding the sole proprietorship
- 1999 – 2000 Exchange program – Law Degree, University of Navarra
His working languages are Spanish and English.
Julio is specialized in M&A and Capital Market operations.
In the field of M&A operations, Julio has advised on all types of transactions involving the acquisition of shares or assets of listed and unlisted companies, the signing of investment agreements and shareholders’ agreements, and the establishment of joint ventures.
In the Capital Markets area, the July experience includes admission to trading of shares in official and alternative markets, public offers for the sale or subscription of shares, placement of blocks and, in general, advice to listed companies on regulatory matters related to the securities markets and corporate governance.
Among many others, Julio has led the following operations:
- Advice to Blackstone in the acquisition of a control package in Testa Residencial (2018). € 2,000 million.
- Advice to CVC Capital Partners in the acquisition of 20% of Gas Natural from Repsol (2018). € 3,800 million.
- Advice to CVC Capital Partners and PAI Partners in the acquisition and restructuring process of Grupo Cortefiel (2017).
- Advice to Aena on its privatization and listing (2014 – 2015). € 20 billion.
Doctrinal and teaching collaboration
Julio teaches classes in the following programs and postgraduate programs:
- Master’s Degree in Business Legal Advice (LLM) from the Instituto de Empresa (IE).
- Master’s Degree in Business Legal Advice from the Carlos III University.
- Master of Business Law from the Madrid Bar Association.
- IFAES advanced programs.
In addition, Julio regularly collaborates in the writing of articles for specialized legal publications, including ‘Capital and Corporate’ and the ‘Revista Especializada de Capital Riesgo’.
Membership of official bodies
Madrid Bar Association (ICAM), 2004.
Recognitions and awards
Julio Lujambio has been mentioned in different legal directories such as:
- Legal 500 EMEA: ‘Capital Markets: Equity’ (Leading individuals) and ‘Capital Markets: Debt’.
- IFLR 1000: Notable practitioner.
- Best Lawyers® : ‘Corporate and M&A Law’, ‘Private Equity Law’, ‘Venture Capital Law’, ‘Capital Markets Law’ and ‘Debt & Equity’.
- Leaders League: ‘Capital Markets: Debt & Equity’, ‘M&A’ and ‘Private Equity’