Marta Velasco Izquierdo
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Marta Velasco joined Pérez-Llorca in 2014. Prior to her incorporation, she worked as a Lawyer in the Legal Department of a leading company in the environmental sector and in a recognized national law firm, with special participation in Public, Real Estate and Procedural Law. In addition, she worked as a lawyer in a national law firm focused on the aeronautical field.
- 2014 Executive Master in Urbanism and Spatial Planning given, San Pablo CEU Business School.
- 2012 Degree in Law and Business Administration, Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE).
Her working languages are Spanish and English.
Marta is part of the Pérez-Llorca public law area and provides advice in the urban planning, environment, infrastructure and construction department.
Marta provides legal advice to national and international companies, investment funds, public administrations and urban entities, focusing her work on:
- Advice at the national level in the drafting, processing and monitoring of urban planning and management instruments, as well as in the processes of obtaining the corresponding titles, authorizations and enabling administrative permits.
- Legal direction in the contentious-administrative and civil jurisdictional order, as well as advice on administrative procedures followed.
- Collaboration in all types of real estate transactions and operations of land, works in progress and finished products in the residential, commercial, tourist, industrial and logistics fields.
Doctrinal and teaching collaboration
Marta has participated as a speaker in:
- The section of Great Promises of the legal profession of the webinar “Women leaders in the Spanish legal profession 2020” organized by Economist & Jurist in commemoration of International Women’s Day.
- The urban day “Big Urban Projects Cycle. Developments in the Southeast of Madrid ”organized by the College of Engineers, Roads, Canals and Ports.
- The Urban Planning Conference “Think Tank – New developments in Madrid. Is the Southeast an opportunity to improve the housing market?” organized by Pérez-Llorca and ACTIVUM Servicios Inmobiliarios.
- The Capital Radio Real Estate Investment Program to discuss the urban developments in Madrid in 2019.
Marta stands out as a teacher in the following programs:
- San Pablo CEU Business School: “Executive Master of Urbanism and Land Management” (MUOT)
- CIARE: “How to Stand Out as a Professional Land Manager”
- CEU IAM (Institute for Advanced Management) Business School: “Planning, Urban Management and Licensing” since 2018.
- Real Estate Business School: “Expert in Urban Planning and Real Estate Developments” since 2018.
- Madrid Bar Association: “Urban Law: Planning, Management and Licensing” since 2017.
- Real Estate Business School: Master “MBAi Inmobiliario” since 2017.
Marta is a regular contributor and co-author in Idealista and real estate and urban practice magazines. Some of his recent posts are:
- “The withdrawal of urban planning instruments” La Ley Newspaper, Nº 9754, Tribune Section, December 15, 2020, Wolters Kluwer
- “The impacts of the nullity of the Hydrological Plans” – El Economista. Water and Environment Magazine.
- “Challenges and opportunities before the future Land and Urbanism Law of the Community of Madrid” – El Economista.
- “Marbella updates its urbanism” – Lawyerpress.
Marta actively participates in the writing of reviews and articles in the newsletter of the Pérez-Llorca urban planning and environment department.
Membership of official bodies
Member of the Urban Land Institute (ULI).
Madrid Bar Association (ICAM).
Marta Velasco Izquierdo has been recognized in Chambers Europe: ‘Planning’ in the Associates to Watch category (since 2020).
Legal Expansion as one of the great promises of business advocacy since 2020
In the Economist & Jurist study “Women leaders in Spanish law 2020” as one of the twenty most influential women in Spanish law