Alvaro de Castro
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Álvaro de Castro joined Pérez-Llorca as Counsel in September 2021, after practising since 2008 at two prestigious law firms as a lawyer specialising in intellectual property and unfair competition.
- 2010 Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property and New Technologies (IP & IT), ESADE.
- 2008 Dual degree: Degree in Law and Degree in Business Administration, UAM.
He speaks Spanish, English and French.
Álvaro is an expert in advising and representing clients in litigation concerning the acquisition, exploitation, infringement and validity of intangible assets such as patents, trademarks, industrial designs, copyrights and trade secrets, in all sectors of economic activity. His core speciality is patent litigation, especially in the pharmaceutical and health sciences fields.
Academic and publishing collaborations
In recent years, Álvaro has been invited to provide sessions for some of the leading and most prestigious Master’s degrees and courses specialised in intellectual property in Spain, such as the Magister Lvcentinvs of the University of Alicante, the WIPO Summer Schools, and the European Patent Law Course organised by the School of Industrial Organisation (EOI) and the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (OEPM).
The leading publications to which he has contributed as author or co-author include:
- Industrial Design Rights. An international Perspective. Wolters Kluwer, 3rd edition, 2020.
- Compulsory licensing in Europe: a country-by-country overview, European Patent Academy, 2018.
- Strong IP Drives The Bottom Line – International Patent Enforcement – A Comparative Study, Les Nouvelles (Journal of the Licensing Executives Society International), 2018.
- Industrial Design Rights. An international Perspective. Wolters Kluwer, 2nd edition, 2015.
- The end of cover trademarks? Financier Worldwide, 2013.
- Competencia judicial transfronteriza en materia de infracción de patentes: comentario a la STJUE Solvay vs Honeywell, Comunicaciones de Propiedad Industrial y Derecho de la Competencia, no. 67, CEFI-IDEI, 2012.
- Global Patent Litigation: Strategy and Practice, Kluwer Law, 2011.
The Madrid Bar Association (ICAM).