Eduardo Castillo San Martin
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Eduardo Castillo joined Pérez-Llorca in 2021 as a partner in the Intellectual Property and Technology practice. He has more than 25 years of experience in intellectual property litigation, as well as in unfair competition litigation. Prior to joining the firm, he was a partner at a leading national firm.
- 1995 Degree in Law, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
He speaks Spanish, English and Portuguese.
Eduardo’s experience covers litigation relating to all types of exclusive rights over business intangibles and related rights. In recent years, he has focused mainly on patent litigation, especially in the chemical, life sciences (pharmaceutical and biotechnology) and telecommunications sectors. Given the nature of the matters in which he is involved, Eduardo has experience in participating in and coordinating multinational litigation, and is an expert in designing litigation strategies in such instances.
Academic and publishing collaborations
Eduardo is a regular contributor to national and international legal journals and publications, such as the Intellectual Asset Management Magazine and the Industrial Property and Competition Law Communications of the Institute of Industrial Law and Ethics (CEFI). He is a lecturer for the Master’s degree in Intellectual Property and Digital Innovation Magister Lvcentinvs at Universidad de Alicante.
The Madrid Bar Association (ICAM).
Eduardo Castillo has been recognised in various legal directories, including:
- Chambers Global: ‘Intellectual Property: Patents & Trade Marks’.
- Chambers Europe: ‘Intellectual Property: Patents & Trade Marks’ and ‘Life Sciences: Patent Litigation’.
- Legal 500 EMEA: ‘Intellectual Property: Copyright’ (Leading Individual), ‘Intellectual Property: Patents’ (Leading Individual) and ‘Intellectual Property: Trade Marks’ (Leading Individual).
- IP STARS: Patent Star 2021
- Best Lawyers®: ‘Intellectual Property Law’.
- Iberian Lawyer IP & TMT Awards 2021: Lawyer of the year Life Science