McAndrews, Held & Malloy is pleased to announce the election of Sarine Hagopian, Ben Mahon, Ashley Ratycz, Matt Rudd, and Alex Vogler to Partner
- Sarine R. Hagopian is a Partner at McAndrews whose practice focuses on design protection, design portfolio management, and corporate intellectual property strategy. Sarine has experience in a wide range of IP-related areas of law, including freedom to operate analyses, intellectual property due diligence, utility and design patent prosecution, patent litigation, and alternate dispute resolution. Her work has involved a wide variety of technology areas, such as innovative nutritional products, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and packaging.
- Ben focuses his practice on patent litigation, concentrating on the biological, chemical, and pharmaceutical arts. Ben has extensive experience in both district court litigation and inter partes review proceedings before the USPTO, as well as experience with appeals before the Federal Circuit and Supreme Court. Ben has experience in all facets of litigation, including discovery, depositions, direct and cross examination, and oral argument. In addition, Ben is actively involved in pro bono work including representing individuals seeking to expunge or seal their criminal record, and representing low-income civil litigants on appeal who were denied due process.
- Ashley focuses on patent litigation in technology fields ranging from medical devices to communications systems. In addition to being well-versed in all phases of litigation practice, she has extensive experience in both bench and jury trials, as well as inter partes review proceedings before the USPTO.
- Matt’s practice focuses on preparing and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications. He has experience in a variety of technologies, including computer, electrical, telecommunications, mechanical, electromechanical, medical devices, and business methods. He works with manufacturing, machining, aerospace, information management, data center, financial technology, and gaming clients.
- Alex focuses his practice on intellectual property litigation. He has experience with pre-suit investigation and assessment, drafting license agreements, due diligence investigations, and various aspects of district court litigation, including motion practice and discovery matters. Alex has a background in chemical engineering, and he serves clients primarily in the medical device industries.