Mauricio Torrico Galindo
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Mauricio is a partner at Bufete Aguirre, Quintanilla, Soria & Nishizawa, and focuses his practice on commercial and corporate law, tax and customs law, labor law and social security, and non-profit institutions.
In the exercise of the profession, with technical training as a business administrator and legal as a lawyer, Mauricio has had the opportunity to participate and advise on operations in various fields, advising national and foreign clients in different operations, from vehicle planning to conduct business, the incorporation of commercial companies, tax planning and human resources, corporate governance, and business reorganizations, including liquidation or bankruptcy processes.
Likewise, he has served as director, trustee and liquidator of companies, as well as representing partners and shareholders in shareholders ‘meetings and shareholders’ meetings.
As part of the advice and service to clients, Mauricio has held the position of trustee of ENTEL SA, director Secretary of Transportadora de Electricidad SA, and director of Swissport GHB Bolivia SA
Mauricio teaches classes at the Bolivian Catholic University “San Pablo” as a Time-Hour Teacher in the field of Business Law, having also taught courses in diploma courses taught by said University.
He is a founding member and currently of the Board of Directors of the Bolivian Institute of Tax Studies – IBET.
- Specialization courses in Tax Law at the Universidad Andina, La Paz, Universidad Austral, Buenos Aires – Argentina, and the Bolivian Institute of Business Studies, La Paz.
- Law Degree from the Bolivian Catholic University “San Pablo”, Bolivia (2002)
- Bachelor of Business Administration from the Bolivian Catholic University “San Pablo”, Bolivia (1988)
- Listed by the legal directories “Chambers and Partners – Latin America” and “Legal 500” as a prominent lawyer in Bolivia in the tax and labor area.
- Collaboration in the publication “Doing Business” from 2005 to date, prepared by the World Bank.
- “The Challenge of the Creation of Taxes in a State with Autonomous Levels”, Memories V Bolivian Conference on Tax Law – General Tax Challenge Authority, December 2012
- “Legal Implications of the Convergence to IFRS”, III International Tax Congress / UPSA-IFA, August 2011
- “The Americas Restructuring and Insolvency Guide 2004/2005 – Bolivia Chapter”, Globe White Page, June 2004
- Registry of Lawyers of the Ministry of Justice
- Law School
- Bolivian Institute of Tax Studies (IBET)
- IFA Bolivia (International Fiscal Association, Bolivia Branch)