(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Counsel of Carey’s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group. His practice focuses on intellectual property, especially on invention patents, including strategies for protection mechanisms, administrative and contentious registration processes, nullity procedures for granted registrations, technology transfer projects and patent infringement litigation.
- Novartis on a civil litigation for an invention patent infringement.
- GlaxoSmithKline Chile on a legal claim before a civil court for fines imposed for an alleged violation of bioequivalence regulations.
- Roche Chile on a lawsuit before the Public Procurement Court for an illegal awarding of a public tender.
- Grünenthal on a nullity remedy before the Supreme Court within the prosecution of a patent of invention for a pharmaceutical product.
- Several pharmaceutical clients in relation to the effects of the “Ricarte Soto Law” regarding the financing of high-cost diseases.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Intellectual Property and in Life Sciences, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized as IP Star, Managing Intellectual Property.
- Recognized in Patents, IAM Patent.
- Recognized in Advertising, Entertainment, Information Technology and Intellectual Property, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Intellectual Property, Latin Lawyer 250.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Director and past president of Licensing Executives Society (LES) Chile.
- Member of the Chilean Intellectual Property Association (ACHIPI).
- Professor of Intellectual Property, Copyright, Trademarks, Patents and Litigation, Universidad Andrés Bello (since 2017).
- Professor of the Graduate Program and Master on Law and New Technologies, Universidad de Chile.
- Professor of the Graduate Program of Intellectual and Industrial Property, Universidad Finis Terrae.
- Head of the Legal Sub-Department, Chilean Industrial Property Department (1998-2000).
- Member of the Legal Division of the Comptroller General of the Republic (1995-1996).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of The Pharma Legal Handbook: Chile, Pharma Boardroom (2019).
- Frequent lecturer in seminars and conferences in Chile and abroad.
- Intellectual Property
- Licensing, Franchising and Distributorship
- Law, Universidad Central.
- Degree in Intellectual Property for countries of Latin America and the Caribbean, Industrial Property Office of Brazil (1997).
- Degree in Administrative Management of Industrial Property, European Patents Office, The Hague, Netherlands (1999).
- Degree in New Criminal Procedure, Universidad del Desarrollo (2004).
- Degree in Unfair Competition Law, Instituto de Estudios Judiciales (2007).
- Academy of American and International Law, Legal Foundation, Dallas, Texas, USA (2008).
- Degree in Intellectual and Industrial Property, Universidad Finis Terrae (2008).
- Degree in Economic Administrative Law, Universidad de Chile (2011).
- Degree in Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs in Pharmaceutical, Biological and Cosmetic Products, Universidad de Chile (2013).
- Chile (1995).