Inés Parra Wallis
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Inés specializes in corporate law, insurance law, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, exchange controls and real state. She is considered one of the leading M&A and corporate lawyers in Venezuela. Inés became partner at D’Empaire in 1996. She received a J.D. from Universidad Catolica Andres Bello in 1988 and a master’s degree in corporate law from the same university in 1992.
Her representations include:
- Oxiteno in the sale of its Venezuelan subsidiary to a Venezuelan investor
- Procter & Gamble Industrial S.C.A. in the sale of the production line of chlorine and hard surface cleaners to Jabones y Detergentes del Caribe, C.A.
- Procter & Gamble Company in the sale of the trademarks “Lavansan” to EMP International Marketing Limited
- Axalta Coating Systems Venezuela, C.A. in the acquisition of office space in Caracas
- Amway de Venezuela in the acquisition of retail space in Caracas
- Grupo Gerencial Consolidez in the purchase of office space in Caracas
- Oster de Venezuela (a Jarden subsidiary) in the purchase of its distribution center in Barquisimeto
- Oster de Venezuela in the purchase of office space in Caracas
- Procter & Gamble Industrial S. A. in the purchase and leasing of a warehouse in Valencia
- Apollo Group Holdings, N.V. in the sale of its equity participation in Helios Investment to Famspain Corporation and Wooster Holding International Corp
- Cemex in connection with the nationalization of Cemex Venezuela by the Government of Venezuela
- Ternium in the sale of Sidor to the Government of Venezuela
- Econoinvest Casa de Bolsa in the tender offer for Compañia Anonima Nacional Telefonos de Venezuela (Cantv) made by the Government of Venezuela
- Econoinvest Casa de Bolsa in the tender offer for C.A. La Electricidad de Caracas (EDC) made by the Government of Venezuela
- Econoinvest Casa de Bolsa in the tender offer for Banco de Venezuela made by the Government of Venezuela
- Royal & Sun Alliance in the sale of its equity participation in Royal & Sun Alliance Seguros Venezuela
- Macarena Corporation Limited and Company Trading as the Blanca & Grant Partnership in the public offering of part of its participation in Dominguez & Cia.
- The AES Corporation in its unsolicited tender offer for C.A. La Electricidad de Caracas
- Empresas Polar in its tender offer for Mavesa S.A.
- The AES Corporation and C.A. La Electricidad de Caracas in their joint unsolicited tender offer for Cantv
- Telecom Italia Mobile in connection with the sale of Corporacion Digitel to Telvenco
- The Coca-Cola Company in the formation of a joint venture company with The Cisneros Group
- The shareholders of Seguros Royal Caribe de Venezuela in the sale of their equity participation to Royal & Sun Alliance
- The Coca-Cola Company in the acquisition of the bottler company Emboca
- Cemex in the acquisition of Vencemos
- Inversiones Mundial in its acquisition of Corporación Grupo Quimico
- Fondo de Inversiones de Venezuela (FIV) in the privatization of Venezolana de Aviacion S.A. (Viasa)
Inés is currently ranked as “Band 2” by Chambers & Partners (2019 Venezuela Corporate/M&A and Real Estate Rankings) and as a “Leading Lawyer” by The Legal 500 (2018 Venezuela Real Estate Rankings).
She is fluent in Spanish and English.