(The following information was supplied by the firm)
His practice focuses on civil and commercial litigation, domestic and international arbitration and in bankruptcy proceedings (reorganization and liquidation).
- Agrofoods Central Valley Chile on a reorganization proceeding involving debt of over USD65 million that concluded with a reorganization agreement approved by a 100% of its creditors, among them Banco de Chile, Banco Bice, Rabofinance, Banco de Crédito e Inversiones and Banco Security, under a USD40 million syndicated loan, other local banks and multiple suppliers.
- The Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications on the insolvency restructuring processes related to three concessionaries of Transantiago, the public transportation system of the Santiago Metropolitan area.
- A Japanese multinational before the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), on a lawsuit for breach of contract against a former Chilean distributor.
- SecureAlert before the Chilean Public Procurement Court challenging the public tender for the award of a USD70 million contract.
- A water utility company on an arbitration against a state concession, demanding recognition and reimbursement of USD3.2 million (UF 60,000) in investments made for the benefit of the concession.
- A foreign investment fund on a claim for USD2 million in liquidated damages.
- Several companies on construction litigation and claims, related to projects of diverse kind.
- Several companies on unfair competition lawsuits before ordinary courts.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Recognized in Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Insolvency and Reorganization, Best Lawyers.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Professor of Civil Law, Universidad Diego Portales (since 2018).
- Teaching Assistant of Civil Law, Universidad de Chile (since 2017).
- Teaching Assistant of Civil Law, Universidad Diego Portales (2012-2018).
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Chilean Institute of Procedural Law (2013-2016).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of the ICC Young Arbitration Forum (ICC YAF).
- Insolvency, Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Law, Universidad Diego Portales (graduated 1st place of his class promotion).
- Exchange Student, Universidad de Salamanca, Spain (2011).
- Chile (2013).