Leonardo Azurduy Saunero
(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Leonardo is a partner at Bufete Aguirre, Quintanilla, Soria & Nishizawa, and specializes in matters of financial and banking, corporate and corporate law, commercial and civil contracts and mining law, having started his professional career in 2010 as an internal lawyer at Banco Mercantil Santa Cruz SA
Currently, Leonardo represents a group of shareholders of Banco Solidario SA and is part of the advisory team to financial and micro-financial institutions such as the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and Locfund II LP, in international loan operations of money, structuring of alternative financing mechanisms and acquisition of participation in local entities. Likewise, Leonardo provides comprehensive corporate advice to various clients, such as Grupo Omnilife SA de CV
- Diploma in Banking Law at the Bolivian Catholic University “San Pablo” – La Paz, Bolivia (2011).
- Diploma in the New Political Constitution of the Plurinational State of Bolivia at the Universidad Mayor de San Andrés – La Paz, Bolivia (2009).
- Law degree from the Bolivian Catholic University “San Pablo” – La Paz, Bolivia (2009). Graduated with the quality of distinguished student and with honors.
- Leonardo graduated as a distinguished student with honors from the Universidad Católica Boliviana “San Pablo”.
- Leonardo has been qualified as a “lawyer of the next generation” in the areas of Banking and Financial Law and Corporate Law by the publication “Legal 500 Latin America”.
- Collaboration in the World Bank Group publication called Enabling the Business of Agriculture – Year 2018.
- Collaboration in the publication “Doing Business” from 2016 to date, prepared by the World Bank.
- Speaker at the seminar “Critical Aspects of Obligations Law in Bolivia” held by the Universidad de Los Andes in 2012.
- Ministry of Justice, Public Registry of Lawyers of the Plurinational State of Bolivia.
- Illustrious Bar Association of La Paz.