(The following information was supplied by the firm)
Balázs Sepsey is a Partner in the Budapest office. He focuses on energy law, including natural resources.
Balázs has in-depth knowledge of the energy sector working on a wide range of energy sector related matters, including energy related M&A deals, power plant development projects, long-term supply agreements, EPC contracts, and EU energy regulatory work. He has gained extensive experience advising on a variety of energy matters, including advising on mid- and long-term power purchase and gas supply agreements, energy project agreements and regulatory issues in the field of energy law.
Balázs is specifically focused on EU energy law, including regulatory advice and energy related state aid and competition law matters.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTS INCLUDE ADVISING
ENERGY & NATURAL RESOURCES
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the financing of the development of five photovoltaic power plant projects in Hungary, including coordinating and executing a very complex and resource-heavy due diligence
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the financing to be provided to MET Hungary in relation to the construction, testing and operation of MET Dunai Solar Park, a 17.6 MWp (AC) solar power plant in Hungary
- A CONFIDENTIAL CLIENT on the financing of photovoltaic project construction comprising 22 solar power plants in Barcs, Hungary developed by DMJ Management Solutions
- 2005: Central European University, Budapest, Hungary, Diploma in Advanced European Legal Practice
- 2003: Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
- 2002 – 2003: University of Saarbrücken, Germany, ERASMUS exchange programme
Budapest Bar Association
Hungarian, English, German